With Christmas just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to consider options for your business’ annual clean. You might have daily, weekly and even monthly cleaning organised for your business space, but you mightn’t realise that these are just maintenance cleans and you’ll still need a commercial cleaning service annually.
An annual clean, particularly over the Christmas period, ensures that your business is cleaned spotless from top to bottom and side to side in preparation for starting the new year fresh and in style. Even with a regular cleaning service, a number of unhygienic things happen throughout the year in your business space.
Throughout The Year
- Your carpets will have grease and soiling embedded deep, beyond what a regular vacuum could pick up
- There are likely some stubborn stains on the flooring and carpets
- If you have vinyl flooring, it’s likely that the high traffic areas are looking dull and have lost their glossy finish
- Cobwebs build up on walls, particularly along edges and spaces close to the ceiling
- Dust, dirt and crumbs have been pushed deep into carpets under tables and into keyboards by accident
- Bacteria builds up in bathrooms, kitchens and on surfaces, particularly door handles
- Tiled areas have grime build-up and are not looking as bright
- Windows have greasy film and dirt built up which can hinder the view and restrict light access
- Kitchen areas and bathrooms could have build up of dirt, grease or grime and would be in need of a deep clean
Not only can these things make your business look less professional, uncleanliness can impact the health and happiness of staff working in such an environment too. This is the reason why it’s so important to have a deep clean annually – to benefit hygiene, presence, health, happiness and business success.
An annual clean is very thorough and will usually require the premises to be vacant for 2-3 days while products dry and the smell of chemicals subsides. An annual clean can include a number of procedures, some of which are listed below.
Annual Clean Checklist
- Dusting of all surfaces, including hanging framing, wall fixtures, signs, stairs, lights and benches
- Wipe down of all benches and surfaces, including the undersides
- Complete chemical clean of kitchen, food preparation and bathroom areas including surfaces, basins, fridges, coffee machines, appliances and more
- Cleaning of all chairs, tables and fixtures
- Clean of elevator, elevator frames
- Wipe down and thorough clean of computer consoles, laptops, desktops, monitors, keyboards and TV’s
- Vacuum and steam mop of hard floors
- Steam clean all carpeted areas
- Steam clean all fabric chairs, lounges and mats
- Thorough clean and wipe down of all windows, leaving a streak free clear window
Gretams Property Services provide annual cleaning services for businesses in and around Brisbane. If you would like to find out more or get a quote, contact us today by calling 07 3892 4900 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly team members would love to help.